Wednesday, May 20, 2009

The journey begins!!!

Days: 1
Distance: 17.0 km / 10.6 mi
Location: Cambridge, MA

Today, at exactly 10:36 am, Amelia and I tagged the Atlantic at Revere Beach in Massachusetts. It was a beautiful, sunny day, if not a little hot. After posing for this photo, we sat in the sand and enjoyed the beach for a while. And then...the journey began!

Of course this first leg of the journey was not very exciting, because our fist waypoint is our coop house in Cambridge, where we are currently frantically packing and preparing for the "real" beginning of the trip. We will leave tomorrow morning and head west through Worcester, then follow route 9. If we can, we'll try to make it all the way to Amherst in the first day.

I can't predict how often I will have internet access, but I will try to update this blog whenever I can. I hope you enjoy the opportunity to follow us on our journey!


Above: Amelia contemplates weather she really wants to go swimming with her bike. You can see Nahant in the background, which is geologically cool because it is a "tombolo".

3 comments:

  1. ¡¡Buena Suerte y Feliz Aventura!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You guys totally stole my fantasy, you know.

    Last one to the SF Bay is a rotten egg.

    ReplyDelete